The Congressional Vietnam Veteran Commendation is a nominations-based program designed to recognize both the military service and community service of Vietnam Veterans living in the 24th Congressional District of Florida. These honorees are exceptional Americans who served our country as a former member of the United States Armed Forces. The nomination packet may be self-submitted by the Vietnam Veteran or submitted by a nominator acting with permission on the Vietnam Veteran’s behalf. A Review Board will review the packets and make recommendations to the Congresswoman. The 2023 Congressional Vietnam Veterans Commendation recipients will be honored later in the year.
Vietnam Veteran Commendation Guidelines 2023
- Vietnam Veteran was active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces or was a reservist called to active duty.
- Vietnam Veteran must currently reside in the 24th Congressional District of Florida which includes parts of Miami-Dade and Broward County.
- Vietnam Veteran was honorably discharged or retired from the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Vietnam Veteran has demonstrated exceptional service to their community.
NOMINATION PACKET (required documents)
- FL-24 2023 Nomination Form (must be fully completed)
- Recent color photo of the Veteran (head and shoulders shot preferred).
- Copy of Veteran’s DD214.
- Support Documents (three-page maximum): copies of news clippings, military records, or photos that further identify the Veteran’s military and community service. Do not include any original documents.
PACKET DEADLINE: All nomination packets must be postmarked or received by Thursday, September 7, 2023, 5:00 pm in the Miami Gardens, FL District Office. Late or incomplete packets will not be considered.
If you'd like to submit a physical copy of this nominating form packet, download here and mail to:
U.S. Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson
ATTN: Charles Scott and Derrick Jones
18425 NW 2nd Ave Suite 355
Miami Gardens, FL, 33169
For more information: Email Derrick Jones at Derrick.Jones@mail.house.gov