Congresswoman Frederica Wilson

Representing the 24th District of Florida

First Responder and Essential Personnel Child Care Application & Authorization Process

Child care services for first responders and healthcare workers are available regardless of income. Scholarships are available to cover child care and out-of-school care for children ages 0 to 13 years old, for up to an initial period
of 3 months.

Click PDF iconhere, for an application and authorization form.


• Healthcare personnel essential workers is outlined in Governor DeSantis’ Executive Order
• One or both parents is employed as a first responder or healthcare worker.
• The family resides in Florida.
• The child is a United States citizen or qualified alien.


1. Obtain and complete the First Responder and Essential Personnel Child Care Application
and Authorization (CCAA) Form. This form is now available online at https://www.elcmdm.
org/newsroom/covid-19-updates or email
2. Send your signed CCAA form to
3. Apply to the Family Portal through or visit
4. As a new user, select Click Here to register for an account.
5. Complete the application (When answering the prequalifying questions, select “Yes” when
asked if you have a form titled: Child Care Application and Authorization).


• Early Learning Coalition staff will review your application. If eligible, your case will be
processed within 3 business days.
• During this process, you will need to submit proof of residency. You will need to scan/upload
to your registered account. Documentation may include:
» Valid Florida Driver’s License or Government ID
» An original/certified copy of child’s United States birth certificate
» A United States passport
» Copy of child’s resident card
» Citizenship/naturalization certificate

• Your final step is to select a provider. For help with selecting a provider, please contact
us at 305-646-7220 to speak with one of the Early Learning Coalition‘s Customer Service
• Enrollment will be finalized once the parent signs/accepts terms and conditions.


If you need assistance with filling out the form or have any questions, please don’t hesitate
to call at 305-646-7220 or email