COVID-19 Related Unemployment
Unemployment rates are spiking across the nation as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The good news is that the virus also has forced some businesses to significantly increase their workforce due to higher demand. Here is a list of companies who are hiring in Florida and across the nation.
- Publix plans to hire “thousands of associates” in its stores and distribution centers by the end of March, the food retailer said. For information, go to www.publix.jobs.
- Walmart wants to hire 150,000 new full-time and part-time associates through the end of May. To apply, go to careers.walmart.com.
- Milam’s Market is looking to fill various roles, including clerks, cashiers and stockers. Go to www.milamsmarket.com/about/careers to apply.
- Sedano’s Super Market intends to hire 400 laid-off workers from Versailles, La Carreta and 12 other Valls Group restaurants. They want to hire other non-Valls Group workers as well. Go to careers-sedanos.icims/com.
- Winn-Dixie plans to accelerate their hiring process for workers at Fresco y Más, BIL-LO and their own stores as well. Apply at the store or visit www.segrocers.com/careers.
- Whole Foods plans on hiring an extra $5,000 people across the country. To apply, go to careers.wholefoodsmarket.com.
- CVS said it plans to hire an additional 50,000 full-time, part-time and temporary employees across the country. Go to jobs.cvshealth.com to fill out an application.
- Walgreens said it aims to fill about 9,500 existing full- and part-time roles. Visit jobs.walgreens.com for more information.
- 7-Eleven said it wants to hire approximately 20,000 people “to meet increased demand.” Those wanting to apply can do so at careers.7-Eleven.com.
- In response to a rise in online orders, Amazon is planning to hire an additional100,000 warehouse and delivery workers. Click here for more information.
- The U.S. Postal Service is hiring for various positions throughout South Florida. Wages for the openings range from $16.21 an hour to $17.95 an hour. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Fidelity Investments is hiring financial consultants, licensed representatives, and customer service representatives to strengthen its ability to service clients during the pandemic and beyond, For more information, visit https://jobs.fidelity.com/.
G4S SECURE SOLUTIONS
- G4S Secure Solutions USA, a subsidiary of G4S, an integrated security company plans to hire 1,400 people in Florida because of increased demand due to the coronavirus pandemic. Openings include security officers and site supervisors for a variety of industries and private properties. Some positions do not require previous security experience and the company will provide any necessary training. For more information and to apply for a job, click here.
- Pizza Hut hopes to fill its more than 30,000 open positions across the country. Applications can be submitted at jobs.pizzahut.com.
- Support.com, a U.S.-based company specializing in customer, technical, and call center support, announced plans to hire “an unlimited number of remote support agent roles.” Go to corporate.support.com/careers/ to apply.
- Allied Universal, one of the top security and facility services companies in North America, wants to hire an additional 100,000 employees by the end of 2020. To apply, go to jobs.aus.com.
- PepsiCo Beverages North America South Division team is looking to fill numerous temporary positions in the Miami-Dade area. Interested candidates can go to pepsifrontlinecareers.com for more information.
- Papa John's plans to "immediately hire" 20,000 employees. Click here for more information.
- Dollar General plans to nearly double its normal hiring rate and add up to 50,000 employees by the end of April. Most jobs will be temporary, but some new hires could transition into full-time roles. Click here for more information.